After our program students say that they have changed their idea of what makes themselves and others beautiful by their actions rather than their appearance.
January 2014 Blogs
The Rewrite Beautiful Board of Directors is currently seeking a volunteer Public Relations / Special Events Manager! If you or anyone you know is savvy with P.R., marketing, and special events, please let them know about this opportunity! Thanks beautiful!
The Public Relations (PR) / Special Events manager provides strategic press opportunities and community involvement in order to spread the Rewrite Beautiful message to a wider audience across the USA and beyond. The Public Relations / Special Events Manager will have a leaderships role in spreading the message and services of Rewrite Beautiful. This person will manage fundraising committee’s, PR Representatives and the Sponsorship Chair. The PR/ Special Events Manager will serve as a consultant to all departments of the organization. The PR/ Special Events Manager will join the Board of Directors as a key part of the leadership team and report directly to the Executive Director.
- LEAD the production of marketing programs and special events; including planning, logistics, and execution.
- LEAD the production of direct marketing campaigns, client communications, advertising, sales tools, presentations, signage and development.
- CREATE and/or update product marketing materials.
- MANAGE marketing and client databases and mailing lists.
- ATTEND networking events on behalf of Rewrite Beautiful.
- CREATE, MANAGE AND GROW professional presence across social media platforms, including, but not limited to blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
- CREATE COPY for social media platforms.
- PREPARE marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- MANAGE promotional materials by coordinating with graphics department; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- BUILD partnerships with other brands and organizations.
- MEASURE brand awareness and recognition.
- MANAGE Sponsorship Chair and PR Representative.
- ABIDE by the Rewrite Beautiful Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- RESPONDING to Rewrite Beautiful correspondences including email, phone and texts promptly within 7 days of the sent date.
- COMMITMENT of two years of service.
- ATTEND bi-monthly board meetings.
- ATTEND Rewrite Beautiful school program and art show.
- HAVE AN INTEREST in for-purpose organizations, women empowerment and or mental health.
- BUDGET one to eight hours per week for Rewrite Beautiful related projects.
- EDUCATION of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- EXCELLENT analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- CLEARLY COMMUNICATE information; including, but not limited to oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- STRONG project management skills.
- SELF MOTIVATED to work well independently.
- GOOD ATTITUDE of a flexible, team-player.
- EXCELLENT computer skills.
- COMMITMENT to being a creative, kind and strong representative of Rewrite Beautiful. ** IF THERE IS HISTORY OF AN EATING DISORDER- two years of consistent eating disorder recovery ** COMMITMENT to maintain recovery / abstinence from eating disorder.
- INVESTING directly into your campus by preventing eating disorders
- LEARNING about team collaboration, leadership and fundraising
- LEADERSHIP ROLE for resume
- VOLUNTEER position *unpaid*
To apply: Email Robyn at beautifulaction@RewriteBeautiful.org for an application.
Join the Conversation and Add Your Comment!