After our program students say that mental health does not seem as taboo of a topic as it did prior.
January 2014 Blogs
The Rewrite Beautiful Board of Directors is currently seeking a volunteer Public Relations / Special Events Manager! If you or anyone you know is savvy with P.R., marketing, and special events, please let them know about this opportunity! Thanks beautiful!
The Public Relations (PR) / Special Events manager provides strategic press opportunities and community involvement in order to spread the Rewrite Beautiful message to a wider audience across the USA and beyond. The Public Relations / Special Events Manager will have a leaderships role in spreading the message and services of Rewrite Beautiful. This person will manage fundraising committee’s, PR Representatives and the Sponsorship Chair. The PR/ Special Events Manager will serve as a consultant to all departments of the organization. The PR/ Special Events Manager will join the Board of Directors as a key part of the leadership team and report directly to the Executive Director.
- LEAD the production of marketing programs and special events; including planning, logistics, and execution.
- LEAD the production of direct marketing campaigns, client communications, advertising, sales tools, presentations, signage and development.
- CREATE and/or update product marketing materials.
- MANAGE marketing and client databases and mailing lists.
- ATTEND networking events on behalf of Rewrite Beautiful.
- CREATE, MANAGE AND GROW professional presence across social media platforms, including, but not limited to blogs, Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, LinkedIn, YouTube and Instagram.
- CREATE COPY for social media platforms.
- PREPARE marketing reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing sales data.
- MANAGE promotional materials by coordinating with graphics department; inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
- BUILD partnerships with other brands and organizations.
- MEASURE brand awareness and recognition.
- MANAGE Sponsorship Chair and PR Representative.
- ABIDE by the Rewrite Beautiful Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- RESPONDING to Rewrite Beautiful correspondences including email, phone and texts promptly within 7 days of the sent date.
- COMMITMENT of two years of service.
- ATTEND bi-monthly board meetings.
- ATTEND Rewrite Beautiful school program and art show.
- HAVE AN INTEREST in for-purpose organizations, women empowerment and or mental health.
- BUDGET one to eight hours per week for Rewrite Beautiful related projects.
- EDUCATION of a Bachelor’s degree in marketing or a related field.
- EXCELLENT analytical, quantitative, and problem-solving skills.
- CLEARLY COMMUNICATE information; including, but not limited to oral and written communications and presentation skills.
- STRONG project management skills.
- SELF MOTIVATED to work well independently.
- GOOD ATTITUDE of a flexible, team-player.
- EXCELLENT computer skills.
- COMMITMENT to being a creative, kind and strong representative of Rewrite Beautiful. ** IF THERE IS HISTORY OF AN EATING DISORDER- two years of consistent eating disorder recovery ** COMMITMENT to maintain recovery / abstinence from eating disorder.
- INVESTING directly into your campus by preventing eating disorders
- LEARNING about team collaboration, leadership and fundraising
- LEADERSHIP ROLE for resume
- VOLUNTEER position *unpaid*
To apply: Email Robyn at beautifulaction@RewriteBeautiful.org for an application.
Join the Conversation and Add Your Comment!